Wednesday, April 11, 2007

29 ST Part 2

In a small club I was able to let most players play on the sheet, meaning at the end of the night we settle up. This is a way to protect the players cash if the place gets raided. I was really underground and didn't foresee that happening anytime soon. A couple of times people came up short, lost more than they had with them. A few minor incidents but I kept a tight lid on it. Most of our players we had known for at least 3 or 4 years if not longer. Very rarely I would let someone in who I didn't know. When I did, I let them know that this was a clean run game , no angle shooting, no kitty's, all that garbage that you see in the goulash joints in Queens and Brooklyn. I had a small joint so I didn't want one guy playing and bringing four of his cousins and eating all my food. They aren't paying time , fuck them!
So I kept the lowlifes and brokesters out of the joint. To me I like a well run quiet game, I had neighbors who lived in the building so I had to keep some sense of decorum. We had to keep the yelling and screaming down and let people still have a good time. There are players in the game counting on me to keep it running some what smoothly. So I would lose my cool from time to time over the most ridiculous stuff. It was retarded how people fight over the pettiest shit; seat lock-ups, working stacks, body odor any numerous complaints you can have. What am I to do, all I hope is no one kills anyone for sucking out for a backdoor flush or capping it with 5-2 suited and cracking a set of aces with a wheel. That's limit hold-em! You want them in there anyway drawing to 4 outers on the river. What made the game so great was the action players who showed up on a nightly basis, guys in pajamas showing up after there wives would fall asleep, crazy Asian guys playing 8-3 for 4 bets, a husband and wife who bet like mad and would go crazy betting each other heads up. I myself rarely played against my own players, I didn't need to, maybe to start the game and that's about it. It got to the point where the game filled early and ran through the night some days going into the morning. On one occasion the game wasn't breaking and this insane player had 5 racks of chips, so I fired up the text machine and let players know that this maniac had 5 racks and wasn't going anywhere. People couldn't get there fast enough! The action was exceptional. The people who play limit in NYC are recreational players who are not making a living from just cards, they have jobs or they own businesses. The professional grinder couldn't make a living in my game because the swings were to volatile. One second your up 600 an hour later you could be stuck 900 that's the way the game played. It was a very hard game to beat consistently, the kill button created unbelievable action. To me it makes both the good and weak players play bad. Things are going pretty smoothly but you always have a couple of bumps in the road. One time I let this young kid deal, and he was still involved in a online tournament, while he's dealing he is telling someone else what to do when the action is on him. I am like are you kidding me. This I found very disrespectful towards my players, him worried about a b.s. online tournament when he should be more concerned about dealing my game. I tell him so and he tells me to deal myself, if you know me you know the vein in my neck was about to explode! After he throws the deck he gets up and throws up his hands at me. I knocked him so hard that he went flying across the tray tables into the wall on his ass. I then sat in the dealers chair to finish the down, smoke was coming out of my ears and all I said to my players was that's how you push a dealer!

2 comments:

ridetheSnake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
limitkingnyc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.