Monday, April 9, 2007

29 ST Part 1

May 06 This is getting out of hand trying to run a game, what's a poker entrepreneur to do? I am wondering if this is even worth this much aggravation, to me I never made the big money but I somehow got by. I have been putting together limit games for a while now, all I need is a half way decent location and a little luck. A couple of weeks go by when my Russian friend calls me and makes me a nice offer, it turns out he has a space all set up with two tables in a really nice four story walk up, he has chips, security cameras, flat screen T.V.s, the place is perfect to run a limit game. I agree on the terms and he gives us the keys. I tell him we will start Monday, now it's time to go to work and get in touch with all the limit players in the city. The first night was slow but after that I was were off and running, I filled the joint up every night with some of the most maniacal players out there. The game was well run, in a great location and people loved playing there. I had all my regulars and I started picking up a lot of new players. I truly think it was one of the best run limit games ever in the city. Before you knew it I had games go around the clock, real marathons with players showing up at all hours and just loving the action. People were losing 2500 in a 10-20 hk game. It was sick how big the pots were. My club became the place to play if you wanted to play in a crazy limit game, even some of the no limit players liked my game for the amount of chips on the table. Before long I had two tables going on most nights and I also started spreading 15-30 hi-lo and 30-60 on some nights. Limit poker to me is a much better game to spread than no limit because players last a lot longer and I didn't have as much traffic of people coming and going. There was a 24 hour deli right across the street it seemed that the NYPD stopped by there every half an hour. So I really didn't want a lot of people coming and going. No need to draw attention to myself. It felt really good to be a success and not that worried about getting shut down. I had a real good group of regulars and life was good.

2 comments:

*TT* said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christian Lashade said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.